Monday, August 23, 2010

It's official - we're developing a catalog based on retailer feedback

While we've only been wholesaling our fair trade and handmade collections for less than a year now, it's become obvious that retailers LOVE their printed catalog. This is the case of listening to your customers and responding to their needs.

As a buyer myself, I have to admit that I liked both options - reviewing the catalog and offerings of fair trade products online. While I reviewed the items in the catalog, I ultimately placed my orders online because it was easier and more efficient for me. When I spoke to retailers prior to importing, I learned that they LOVED seeing the products online and ordering...so we spent a lot of time on our Web site and making it easy, efficient, and have the ability to place orders online. Retailers have responded that they loved the ease of ordering online and several have already sent their orders in this fashion.

However, there is no escaping it that retailers still love to look at products in print. They carry catalogs with them at home, reviewing options late at night at the kitchen table. Unlike some jobs, retailers, I've learned, are always working. And convenience plays a key role in deciding with whom to do business.

So, we're listening and responding, because, ultimately, we're in this together. And we share the same goals - to provide more work for our artisan partners and introduce more Americans to the beauty of fair trade products.

Thank you for your continued support, encouragement and feedback. It really is an honor to do this type of work. I can't wait to show you all our new printed catalog!

With warmest regards,

Megy Karydes, Founder
World Shoppe
www.World-Shoppe.com

No comments: